Food & Tapas!



To be honest, at the very beginning I couldn't get used to the food in Spain. It was completely different than what you see in America. Eventually I did get used to it, but what I found interesting was that there wasn't much variety every time I ordered food from a restaurant.

I really did enjoy their tapas though!vOne of my favorite cuisines however were el jamon iberico, tortilla de patatas, chorizo, pisto, and salmorejo! There's nothing like iberian jam (which is cured ham); it's the most amazing thing I've ever tasted! I also got to try queso de cabra (goat cheese), which I didn't like at first but got accustomed to it later.

Jamon Iberico & Chicken Fingers

 



Because of my mexican background, I have always known what chorizo was but I never knew it would be so different in another country. The chorizo in Spain, oh my god! That's all I need to say about that.

Every now and then I would get homesick for my mexican food. I have lived in the Southwest my entire life so I was very used to real spicy food. it's almost impossible to find hot sauces in Spain. Luckily, we found this mexican restaurant downtown, although it didn't compare, it was still pretty delicious!


Untitled Untitled

The Mexican dishes shown above looked different but were still pretty tasty. Oh, and the chips and salsa were mouthwatering!

0 comments: